*

The Simplest Things Are Often The Truest

April 9, 2010

Love...

What an overused term.
If you type in "Most overused, overrated term" into Google, the word "love" surely has got to pop up.
So what exactly is love???
I mean, is it a feeling we get when we see someone/thing that we simply cannot resist?
I guess it is at the user's discretion because everyone seems to have a different meaning for it.

I've been thinking lately, "What exactly is love and what does it mean to love someone or be in love with them?"
So...when I thought of love the first thing that came to my mind was "unconditional."
Hmmm...Unconditional

Un.con.di.tion.al [uhn-kuhn-dish-uh-nl]
-adjective
1. Not limited by conditions; absolute

This is the meaning of unconditional...Not Limited ...meaning without boundaries, in spite of, regardless of, in defiance of...No Matter What

God. That is my next thought. After EVERYTHING that I've done, ALL of the sins I've committed, ALL of the bad things I've thought or held in my heart, ALL of the times I've ignored Him, ALL of the times I've chosen to take matters into my own hands and trust myself instead of Him, ALL of the times I've not forgiven others as He has forgiven me...after ALL of this, He still loves me.
He has placed absolutely no boundaries, no limits on me/us and the love He shares. He didn't say you've got one more time, or if you promise to stop doing this or that, or I'll shed my Grace on you if...
Wow! So, how many times do WE do this? To God even..."Lord, if you help me pass this test I promise I'll get my act together", "If you heal me this one last time I'll stop fornicating"...
How often do WE put limits on GOD...as if He ISN'T ALMIGHTY...???

God loves us and still, continuously decides to show His Grace and Mercy toward us day in and day out even after we slap Him in the face. Even after we crush His heart and hurt His feelings...
It kind of reminds me of puppies...and NO, I am NOT comparing God to animals, just listen...
When puppies do something bad and we discipline them, they want to snuggle right up under us. They don't run away or show us that they are mad at us for scolding them or show us how much we have hurt them but immediately after, and sometimes during their whoppings, they draw closer near to us. See the connection? Unconditional, In spite of, Even though, No matter what...STILL LOVE YOU

Anyhow, I believe I have found my answer..eureka! Lol even though I pretty much already knew
What is love? GOD..God is Love
Now that my friends is my definition of Love

2 comments:

  1. Wow.. I like.. No.. I LOVE!!!
    Lol. Wait.. Am I using that word right??
    Cuz I think if you decide to add ONE MORE SENTENCE to this.. I won't "love" it anymore.. Or if you use the word "love" in this ONE MORE TIME.. I won't "love" it anymore.. Lol. :)
    Don't think I "love" it so much anymore.. :)
    Gosh I so don't like summertime.. Too many painful memories.. Not just of what's her face.. But just of times that I don't like to think of.. Like I'm not sure why, but when I used to sit at grandma's on the computer downstairs.. I would be on Tagged or Bebo.. Talkin to some boy, I'm sure.. I guess that's a painful memory.. And just with TeeTee bein there.. That was definitely painful.. Sorry, I'm rambling.. But ya.. I like this A LOT!! Guess I can't say love anymore!!! Cuz I just might not "love" this so much tomorrow!!! Lol :)
    Haha.. Eureka!! Lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you mah-muh.
    Um...you said a lotta stuff in there and uh.......
    Yea, love you too!
    Not sure what else to say cuz it seems as though u were rambling.....as usual!

    ReplyDelete